Using DocuSign with NetSuite

Does anyone know how to create an envelope for DocuSign in NetSuite?

Hi Sandy,

The envelope technically still gets created in Docusign but it is initiated in NetSuite and handled through the Pop-up window, thereby staying attached to the parent record.

Does that help?

Hi Leo,

That’s what I would expect to happen, but when I click the “send with DocuSign” button, a window opens that tells me I have no envelopes. If I click to upload a file, it takes me to our main drive to find a document. I can save the document to that drive and proceed from there, but I feel sure that there should be a way to do it within NetSuite. I’m dealing with DocuSign support, but they haven’t been able to help me so far.

Hi Sandy!

So I am new to docusign and had asked a fiend for help.

For brainstorming purposes, is your pdf generated using the pdf html template or do you a pick a pdf from your hard drive to turn into a docusign document?

Hi Sandy
You might look at this link: DocuSign Support Center

Hi Sandy
You can also look at the DocuSign quick start guide for NetSuite. Try this link: file:///C:/Users/nbrad/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/C3CH4YWC/DocuSign%20for%20NetSuite%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.pdf

Hi Sandy
The following link may work better: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/docusign-for-netsuite-install-and-send?_ga=2.66389926.960348653.1578579226-288320266.1578579226

1 Like

I’m not even getting that far. I tried saving it as a pdf in a folder on our company drive. I can send it for signing. The person signs it and sends it back. When I save it again and try to open it from that folder, I get an empty document or a message that the file can’t be found.

Thank you. DocuSign offered me some training before we found this issue, and they sent me the Quick Start Guide at that point. I haven’t been able to find a solution (or even a reference to my problem) in the guide.

1 Like

Docusign in NetSuite is absolutely terrible and outrageously expensive and a pain in the ass to setup and use. Don’t even bother wasting your time.